Exclusions & Limitations*
Care or services must be provided within the United States, its territories or possessions or Canada to be considered eligible for benefits.
No benefits of the Policy are payable when the loss is caused by or contributed to:
- Any illness, loss, or condition specifically excluded from the definition of Accident; or
- Operating, learning to operate, or serving as a crew member of any aircraft; or
- Engaging in hang-gliding, hot air ballooning, bungee jumping, parachuting, scuba diving, sail gliding, or parasailing; or
- Riding in or driving any motor-driven vehicle in a race, stunt show or speed test; or
- Officiating, coaching, practicing for or participating in any semi-professional or professional competitive athletic contest for which any type of compensation or remuneration is received; or
- Any act of war whether declared or undeclared; or
- Voluntary participation in any riot or civil insurrection; or
- Engaging in an illegal activity or occupation; or
- Commission or attempt to commit an assault or felony; or
- Dental care or treatment unless caused by Accidental Injury to natural teeth; or
- Suicide or attempted suicide, while sane or insane (CO & MO: while sane); or
- Intentionally self-inflicted injury (SD: treatment or medical condition that results from an attempt at suicide or self-inflicted injury); or
- Treatment for a mental or nervous disorder or disease; or
- Being intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any narcotic unless administered and used in accordance with the instructions of a Physician, (AL, LA & TX: being intoxicated or under the influence of any narcotic unless administered and used in accordance with the instructions of a Physician), (SD: exclusion no applicable).
THIS IS AN ACCIDENT ONLY POLICY AND PROVIDES LIMITED BENEFITS.
*Policy Limitations and exclusion vary by state. Ask an agent or call 1-800-345-6991 for a state-specific outline of coverage.